NYC Subway Talk

I take the subway nearly every day and various things are "subway tru-isms"... FIRST of all basic subway gear: 1. Ear plugs--to block out all the unwanted noise especially blaring i-pods next to you at 7am. 2. Reading material-- you gotta use subway time to read...every once in awhile I listed to music on my i-pod, but mostly, I READ. It's so sad when you glance around a typical subway car and out of 100 people jammed onto a car, maybe 10% are reading something. Subway irritations: People who don't READ, but just STARE at everybody else for their entertainment. I hate looking up from my book or paper to see someone just staring vacantly at me...what's that all about? Why don't you improve your mind, moron instead of just sitting there like a bump on a log. And then I realize that many people still cannot read. Every once in awhile you read a story about all the people who are still illiterate in 20th century New York. SO sad. A big irritation on the subway are people that purposely take their time getting on a subway train and in the process of doing so, block everyone else from getting on...by the time they sit their fat asses down, the other seats have been taken by people coming thru other doors. Not sure if they are doing this on purpose or just because they are clueless. Also, KIDS are a pain on the subway especially at RUSH HOUR. I mean, who brings their kids and strollers onto a crowded subway train at RUSH HOUR? Remember the days when people would decide to move to Queens, Westchester or New Jersey when they settled down to get married and have kids? Now they STAY IN MANHATTAN and inflict their kids on ALL of us! LOL I remember the time a pregnant woman and her fat 12 year old got on the subway at Rush Hour. I jumped up to give her my seat (she looked ready to give birth any second) and what does this bitch do? She shoves her fat 12-year old (playing his stupid video game) into MY seat and she continues to stand!!! So, never again....I have remained sitting when many a pregnant woman gets onto the train with other children...I know what they do. I've noticed this many other times. These mothers don't realize...they are NOT doing their (obviously) spoiled children any favors by letting them sit while tired adults are standing all around them. It sends the wrong message...telling the kids they are more important than the adults. And we wonder why bored, pampered American kids are growing up, taking anti-depressants and committing mass murders! Years ago subway etiquette was: children STAND...the adults are the ones who have worked all day and are tired...they sit. The squirming little video-game playing darlings can STAND! Sound terrible? You've never ridden the subway on a daily basis! LOL Jockeying for seats...it's so funny how at every subway stop, people get off, people get on and everybody jockeys for seats, especially if you're dying to get away from the smelly person next to you who clearly hasn't bathed or done laundry in awhile. OR the person who uses TOO MUCH cologne or perfume...gag me. NOTE: I live uptown just north of Harlem so I travel thru many upscale "white" communities around Central Park on the subway until I finally reach my area. But it's so funny...when I get onto a jammed subway at 59th St. (no seats available) I check out the seated WHITE people and stand near them because I have figured out thru years of experience that these people are getting off within 3 stops probably and I will then have a seat for the remainder of my long ride. Sometimes I miscalculate and end up other misplaced white people like myself who have chosen to live WAY UPTOWN with people of color. LOL Then the joke's on me! Sometimes, people of color will stand by me for the same reason, figuring that I will get up in 2 or 3 stops and give them my seat. They glare at me as stop after stop comes and goes and I don't get up! They finally realize that I'm going further than they are-- further than HARLEM!! LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Treated Like CRAP at the RACHEL RAY Show

Robert Wagner made me lose my breakfast on LIVE With Regis and Kelly

Jim Dykes, NYC Celebrity Tourguide writes about Opera Superstar MARIA CALLAS- Diva Supreme-- raised in Manhattan's Washington Heights Neighborhood!