OMG- The Shoes People Wear on the Streets of NYC!!!

OMG-there's so much "shoe spam" on the internet these days, but this is a real item about shoes: I just rode home on the subway and once again was noticing the shoes people wear on the filthy, dirty, uneven pavement of New York City! It's absolutely gross, not to mention unhealthy...many people are wearing flip-flops (!!), sandals, ballet slippers (!!), "jazz shoes", BEDROOM SLIPPERS, BEACH SHOES and all kinds of other ridiculous footwear ON THE STREETS OF NEW YORK. It's absolutely unbelievable the kinds of things people wear and the way they treat their feet! Women especially are wearing quirky little things they slip-on...God their feet at night must be FILTY...I would need to soak my feet in sanitizer for an hour and throw out the footwear! What are people thinking? I wear leather shoes and occasionally sneakers, but nothing more extreme than that. A few years ago I was having extreme foot pain from walking around Manhattan and climbing subway steps, dozens at a time. I'm not kidding...it was bad. I thought I was becoming crippled and so I finally broke down and went to a foot doctor who diagnosed me with "falling arches"...it seems I have very high arches naturally and from years of walking, climbing, biking, running, dancing, etc. they once naturally supported themselves and now needed help. The doctor said "I wear 'em"....the secretary said "I wear 'em"....the nurse said "I wear 'em"....so he took plaster casts of my feet and made me several pair which I slip in dress shoes, sneakers, anything I wear to give me support. Best money I ever spent...no kidding. Only thing: you have to wear REAL shoes and not flip-flops or sandals or some other stupid shoe created for your home or the beach. I saw a woman get stuck in the gap between the subway train and the platform! She screamed and pulled on her foot...she was wearing (what else) flip-flops!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Treated Like CRAP at the RACHEL RAY Show

Robert Wagner made me lose my breakfast on LIVE With Regis and Kelly

Jim Dykes, NYC Celebrity Tourguide writes about Opera Superstar MARIA CALLAS- Diva Supreme-- raised in Manhattan's Washington Heights Neighborhood!