More "background" work---The Bounty


I worked last week on The Bounty...a new romantic comedy starring Jennifer Aniston and Gerard (Gerry) Butler scheduled for release next summer. Another background job...but it was 3 days work, all filmed at The Belmont Stakes in Queens. Actually in two scenes I'm quite visible. In the first scene I'm a security guard by the racetrack entrance, and Aniston flees past me (wobbling on high heels), into the parking lot where Gerry Butler (playing her bounty-seeking ex-husband) grabs her and tosses her into the trunk of his classic car.

Sound fun? It was fun, looking back on it...but that one scene took one entire day of shooting to get right. First, there's setting up the lights and cameras which takes forever. Then doing a bunch of rehearsals using Jennifer Aniston's stand-in, Kelly (who looks just like Jen). Then we did a few takes with Jennifer. In between takes, her hair & makeup and wardrobe has to be adjusted because of the extreme heat & humidity.

I was so close to Jennifer in these takes that I casually mentioned I remembered her from 20 years ago when she was an 18 year old waitress at Jackson Hole diner on Columbus Avenue. Her eyes lit up and she rolled them saying "Oh God that seems like a million years ago!" But she smiled at me very genuinely.

Then we do a few takes with her stunt woman (who looks exactly like Jen from the rear and side unless you get too close). Then we did the wide angle shot several times. Then we went to lunch. Then we did other angles after lunch such as Jennifer's closeups, then her POV (Jen's point-of-view shot), then Butler's POV. Then more shots with a cameraman with the camera strapped to him, following Jen as she runs, etc. etc. etc. By the way, Jen Aniston is very slim and fit...I was the "security guard" standing right next to her all day so I had a very good look. Very tight. Very toned. At lunch I saw her eat half of a hotdog with everything and suddenly a woman in her "team" grabbed it out of her hand and tossed it into the trash, admonishing her with "You know you're not supposed to be eating that stuff!" To which Jennifer answered "but it tasted SO GOOD! I'd forgotten how good those were!"...ah the glamorous life of a movie star who must watch every bite that crosses her lips so it doesn't end up on her hips. I must mention that she does NOT look anywhere near 40 years old. Of course, she's got the on-set nutritionist, the trainer, the assistant, the acting coach, the hair & makeup people all over her, and anything else a star requires.

The next day we did a funny chase scene where Jen runs thru the paddock dodging the horses and spectators until she dashes around the corner to a waiting Gerry Butler...watch for me. I'm the spectator in the blue shirt on the corner as she dashes behind me.

Other scenes followed and really it was a pleasant way to earn a few hundred dollars and get very well fed. Movie companies eat well! My gosh...every meal is a gourmet smorgasboard! Plus they picked us up in Manhattan and took us to the racetrack every day for filming. There are certainly harder ways to earn three days pay!! I'm looking forward to next summer to see THe Bounty to see if I can see myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Treated Like CRAP at the RACHEL RAY Show

Robert Wagner made me lose my breakfast on LIVE With Regis and Kelly

Jim Dykes, NYC Celebrity Tourguide writes about Opera Superstar MARIA CALLAS- Diva Supreme-- raised in Manhattan's Washington Heights Neighborhood!